Monday, April 13, 2009

6253 Things About Me

I do know that there's no way to please everyone, and really, that's the great thing about reading blogs; if you don't really like the person that you're reading, just move on. It self selects. And then again, there are the people you just click with. You just immediately feel like good friends. All this based solely on the words they choose to type into their blog. Weird, but kind of cool too.So, in case you would like to know me a bit better, here's the first installation of "a few random things about me."

1. I talk so much that after an evening of hanging out with friends/family, I feel hung over whether I've drank alcohol or not. I assume it's from being dehydrated from having my mouth open all night. I'm a chatterbox, and darn proud of it!

2. I use LOL a lot. Almost after every sentence, kinda how "Valley Girls' say 'like'.. I have to catch myself from using it all the time. I don't actually laugh out loud. I'm not sure why I do it all the time, kinda like crack, I'm addicted, LOL!

3. I didn't know what the song She Bop (by Cyndi Lauper) was about until a couple of years ago, when John told me.

Did anyone have to go look up about number 3? Or am I the only person that didn't know this?

4. I was born a natural blonde. My blonde hair now comes from a bottle. I did have it a nice brown, but I was too ditzy. I needed an excuse to be so air-headed.

5. When people wave in my direction (and I’m not completely sure if I know them and if they're waving at me or someone else) I always wave back. I would rather wave to someone who's waving to the person behind me than not wave to someone who's waving at me.

6. I have a rule that you can get peanut butter in the jelly, but not jelly in the peanut butter. It's because the peanut butter doesn't need to live in the fridge, but the jelly does. It irritates me that I had to write up this rule (yes, I did actually write this on a piece of paper and hang it from the pantry shelf); am I the only person that thinks about this sort of thing? I also unload the dishwasher bottom-to-top so that when I pull out things with water in them, they don't dump all over the stuff underneath them.

7. I used to think that your heart moved around in your chest, sort of like the moon moving around the earth. I thought this because whenever the doctor listened to my chest, he listened in several different spots. And he would always tell me that he was listening to my heart. If a doctor didn't know where my heart was, it was most likely because it wasn't always in the same place.

8. I used to think that you needed to go to the doctor to get pregnant. My mom had explained that babies were made when sperm from a man got together with an egg from a woman, but she left out the mechanics of the transfer. I assumed that the doctor always needed to help.

9. I think I have the opposite of anorexia, at least in terms of self perception. People with anorexia see themselves as fat, no matter how thin they become. I picture myself (even when looking directly in the mirror) as about the same size as I was in college (not to mention the same age). Then, I'll see a picture of myself from a different angle and wonder who that chubby person in my clothes is. It's shocking, really.

Anybody who knows me in real life, feel free to chime in!

No comments:

Post a Comment